When you put a home up for sale, there is always a question of how much you should do to help the home look its best. Here are five projects (low in cost or effort) that will make a good impression on potential buyers.
1) Be a clutter buster. Rid your closets, cabinets, drawers and rooms of clutter. If you don’t use it or want it anymore, sell it or give it way. Rooms with less clutter seem larger.
2) Start cleaning. A clean home is always more appealing. Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms. This is the time to attach tough stains, mildew and the like.
3) Break out the paint. If possible, you may want to hire a professional to paint the entire interior of the home. A clean canvas can be very appealing to buyers, so opt for warm, neutral shades. If you do not have the time or resources to paint every room, be sure to touch up all scuffs and marks on the walls and trim.
4) Look down. Have the carpets professionally cleaned to give them their best appearance. Check grout and look for cracked tiles.
5) Turn your attention outside. Be sure dead trees and bushes are removed. Keep bushes neat and trimmed. Seasonal flowers are always a nice touch.